Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Fort Pierce Marinas

I ended up at Pelican in Ft Pierce when I didn’t want to cross the OKee (low water). Approaching the ft pierce from the South there are quite a few Active Captain caution marks regarding shoaling in the ICW near the bridge. I came through at hi tide and had no issues. I was running the boat by myself so I didn’t have a lot of look around time but to me the channel to the municipal marina was not obvious. I would get instructions for that before I got there.

2. Re: Fort Pierce Marinas

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    I ended up at Pelican in Ft Pierce when I didn’t want to cross the OKee (low water). Approaching the ft pierce from the South there are quite a few Active Captain caution marks regarding shoaling in the ICW near the bridge. I came through at hi tide and had no issues. I was running the boat by myself so I didn’t have a lot of look around time but to me the channel to the municipal marina was not obvious. I would get instructions for that before I got there.
    The marina channel was recently dredged, and the Icw was dredged within the last couple of years, so check the dates on the AC hazards before being scared off.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Tales View Post
    Thanks again for the advice on all Ft. Pierce Marinas.

I put my name on 2 waiting lists, and the City marina called last week. Fish Tales is sitting happily on dock L at the City Marina 3 slips down from another 65 convertable. There are alot of old Hatts sitting around, and I cannot wait to start meeting the crowd.

I live in New Smyrna Beach, so I drive down on weekends to fish, cruise and work on the boat.

That leaves me to a need for engine mechanics, and people to help with general maintenence and painting, while I am away. I have the MTU engines so a good DD mechanic will work. Any body know of a good persong that I can give a key to and trust while I am not there? I have some small issues, and want to stay on top so they will not grow into problems.

I am going down this coming weekend for the Pirate and Italian festivals. Also planning to go off shore and look for Mahi weather permitting.

Hope to meet some owners.

Thanks again,
    Tim
    Fish Tales 65c
    I promise that, at the very least, you'll put me on your Christmas card list if you contact Dennis Mixson. He lives on a sailboat at your marina. At his previous marina, St. Johns Yacht Harbor where I am, he was known as the 'Boat Angel'. He will go where no man had ever gone before on your boat.

IMG_6231.jpg

This instructive 12 part video series was made when Dennis tackled my holding tank rehab. Rated G

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...pair+made+easy
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Robert and Bill,

Thanks for the leads, I am going down this weekend so these guys are going to be a great start. Already had one boater aproach me as a live aboard, and tell me he can fix all of my canvas woes as he has a canvas business.

Looks like going to be a great and friendly marina to play and fish at.

As for the passage going into the marina, it was easy once I was told to pass thru the inflated trash bags provided by the marina. If it was not for that info, I would have hit the shoal for sure.

Please have a blessed week,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Tales View Post
    Robert and Bill,

Thanks for the leads, I am going down this weekend so these guys are going to be a great start. Already had one boater aproach me as a live aboard, and tell me he can fix all of my canvas woes as he has a canvas business.

Looks like going to be a great and friendly marina to play and fish at.

As for the passage going into the marina, it was easy once I was told to pass thru the inflated trash bags provided by the marina. If it was not for that info, I would have hit the shoal for sure.

Please have a blessed week,
    Tim
    The current can really run there for sure.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    The current can really run there for sure.
    Fortunate for me I am on the Northern most dock. Plenty of room to swing and the current seems to flow parallel to the slip, so straight in and out. What challenges me are the slips with the extreme cross tide current. Either you go in fast, or rub a lot of poles. I hate doing anything fast around wood and fiberglass, so I rub a lot of poles.

Have a great day,

Tim

Going to the race?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

No, the traffic and congestion is such, I try to stay out of Daytona. I do not even send service trucks there any more, my techs cannon stand sitting in traffic all day, plus the speedway has made it difficult and expensive to try to serve customers there.

There is an Italian festival, and a Pirate festival in FT. Pierce I would like to check out. Plus a boat caught several Mahi in about 200 ft of water last week, so I might see if I can get a drag to squall.

Going down tonight, wife and son going tomorrow, come home Monday. I put surround sound on the boat, so I will watch the race from there.

Have a great weekend,
    Tim