Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fort Pierce Marinas

Opinions Please from the Fort Pierce Crowd

Wanting to re-locate my boat to Ft. Pierce. 65 convertable. Drove down and looked at the City Marina, but they are booked up until spring. Google Earthed Harbour Town and Causeway Island. they looked great from space. I am not picky, just go down on weekends and fish and dive off shore. I had the girl in Stewart for awhile, just not a fan of the nasty water out of the lake, plus Ft. Pierce is closer to me.

The run to the fishing grounds out of Daytona is 3 hours at 100 gallons per hour. I can drive down in 2 hours, run 35 minutes out and save $$ and hours on motors. Also my daughter has a house there, so two fold. When my boat is out of town, I seem to use it more. Had it here the last year, and I seem to do more house, and yard work.

Thinking about January or February.

So any suggestions on dockage?

Have a great weekend,
    Tim

2. Re: Fort Pierce Marinas

We have stayed at FPCity on and off over the years, including months-long stays and recommend it highly. Best location, facilities, fuel prices and staff in the area. Harbortown is not as nice, but would do if you can’t get into FPCity. Causeway Cove was under construction the last time I was through there so I can’t comment on it. If none of them work for you, look at Harbor Isle which has fewer amenities, but is well protected.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Re: Fort Pierce Marinas

Theres usually a hatteras row at ft pierce city.

My choice for sure.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Harbor town gives you a straight shot out the inlet and should have plenty of room for a 65. Decent restaurant and bar there also. I have the boat in Vero and fished out of Ft Pierce for the last 29 years. 11 miles to 120’ and pretty decent sail fishing in the winter. Many times the palm beach fleet ends up off here during tournaments when they can’t find fish south.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I really like Pelican yacht club. They let me stay as a transient. Don’t know if they rent slips monthly but i really like the place. Fort Pierce is a little rough not far from the city marina where as Pelican is across the bridge and on the inlet.

6. Re: Fort Pierce Marinas

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    Fort Pierce is a little rough not far from the city marina
    Yeah, I get that, but we never had any issues. Would not trade away the easy walkability access to downtown FP.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Thanks all. I am going down next weekend to hit them to check availability. Last time I was there I went to Causeway Cove. The wind was out of the South, and the few boats that were there were dancing in their slips. Not too much protection from that wind and wave direction.

Goal is after the first of the year, so I will post with decision. Be nice to meet other Hatteras owners.

Have a great week.

Tim

Thanks all for the advice and the PM's on marina choices.

Decided on Ft Pierce Municipal. Had to put my name on the waiting list, but according to the manager, looks good for January or February.

Hope to meet and greet other Hatt owners then, and get some more advice on the local offshore fishing and diving. Also looks like a great place to cruise and raft-up.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Tim

Thanks again for the advice on all Ft. Pierce Marinas.

I put my name on 2 waiting lists, and the City marina called last week. Fish Tales is sitting happily on dock L at the City Marina 3 slips down from another 65 convertable. There are alot of old Hatts sitting around, and I cannot wait to start meeting the crowd.

I live in New Smyrna Beach, so I drive down on weekends to fish, cruise and work on the boat.

That leaves me to a need for engine mechanics, and people to help with general maintenence and painting, while I am away. I have the MTU engines so a good DD mechanic will work. Any body know of a good persong that I can give a key to and trust while I am not there? I have some small issues, and want to stay on top so they will not grow into problems.

I am going down this coming weekend for the Pirate and Italian festivals. Also planning to go off shore and look for Mahi weather permitting.

Hope to meet some owners.

Thanks again,
    Tim
    Fish Tales 65c

10. Re: Fort Pierce Marinas

Here's who we've used and recommend:

Brian at Affordable Boat Cleaning for bottom work 772-285-7058

Pedro Cordero, unlimited boat services for mechanical work 772-871-8987

Mark at All Tech Refrigeration for AC repair 772-398-4428
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine