Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

galley upper cabinet doors needed

Looking to purchase one matched set of left and right afromosia upper galley cabinet doors. Each door measures 12 1/2 inches side to side and 18 1/2 inches top to bottom. Hinges are outboard on the set and door pulls are in the middle. The panels are 1/2 thick with the edges trimmed. They are going on a 1980 61 ft Hat. Thanks for any help. Paul (PJ61)

Re: galley upper cabinet doors needed

You will probably have to build them or get a good woodworker to do it. I used cabinet grade plywood, then veneered it with afromosia. The trim can be made out of teak. The cut edges are painted with brown Rustoleum.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Paul I think I might have a pair of under the sink doors off of a 41 ft 1967 Hatt you
    might be able to modify. If you're interested I can take some measurements if they
    are still available. Let me know. Greg
    Family Tides - 1969 41' Twin Cabin
    Mema - 1984 17' Boston Whaler Montauk
    High Bar Harbor Yacht Club
    Barnegat Light NJ

Hi Greg: I would be interested to purchase the doors you have if they can be modified to 12.5x 18.5 and would fit my application. Let me know your cost and how to complete the purchase. Thank you, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PJ61 View Post
    Hi Greg: I would be interested to purchase the doors you have if they can be modified to 12.5x 18.5 and would fit my application. Let me know your cost and how to complete the purchase. Thank you, Paul
    1967 mahogany doors will not match your 1980 Afromosia doors. You can still buy afromosia veneer. It will be easier to make than to modify a door.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy View Post
    Paul I think I might have a pair of under the sink doors off of a 41 ft 1967 Hatt you
    might be able to modify. If you're interested I can take some measurements if they
    are still available. Let me know. Greg
    Paul This was a derelict boat that I was getting parts from for my boat but unfortunately the boat was crushed a few weeks ago.
    Family Tides - 1969 41' Twin Cabin
    Mema - 1984 17' Boston Whaler Montauk
    High Bar Harbor Yacht Club
    Barnegat Light NJ