Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Fuel tank location Hatt 58 LRC

I was on board a 58 LRC yesterday. We couldn't find any access to the fuel tanks. All we saw were a couple of small tanks either side of the ER which were the FW tanks but couldnt see any sign of the diesel tanks. My we didn't jump in to coveralls and start digging around. Best guess is they are sandwiched between the ER back bulkhead and the aft master or.... Can any of you Hatt owner's set me straight please.

Re: Fuel tank location Hatt 58 LRC

Most Hatteras tanks are usually centerline in the keel.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Ahhh. OK, thanks Sky. How about access? Below battery boxes in ER?

I'm not familiar with the LRC. Maybe some owner will comment. But its Probably further forward, under the floor of a stateroom or hallway.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I am not familiar with the fuel tank configuration on the 58 LRC but the 48 LRC has four tanks, an aft keel tank with access in the engine room, two "saddle" tanks (one port, one starboard) accessed under galley sink and stairs from salon to pilot house and one forward keel tank, access in under the floor in the forward area. I would suspect something similar in the 58. You might call the folks at Hatteras or get in touch with the Hatteras LRC owners club.

The 58 lrcs (but Not hull number 1) have the following center line fuel tanks:
    Forward under vip stateroom and work area 1200 Gallons
    Mid under aft engine room 350 gallons
    Aft under Master 500 Gallons
    Lazerette (sp) guess were, wait for it, in the aft lazerette. 350 gallons.

Coinjock NC to Fort Pierce - forward and aft tank reading half. About right 900 miles
    about right, 10 nights anchored. Both gen sets run off the aft tank.

Skooch
    Fort Pierce FL

Skooch,

I saw your boat at Daytona Chart house 2 weeks ago. My friends were on a sailboat in front of you for his birthday, I was on my boat (Fish Tales) around the corner. We were having Supper at the restaurant. They were able to talk with you, I kept missing you. Maybe next time. Beautiful boat , by the way.

I just put my name on the waiting list for Fort Pierce City Marina. Maybe I will bump into you there.

Tim
    Fish Tales
    65c

Fish tales,
    Sorry for the delayed reply. We did enjoy talking with your friends.
    We’ll be down to Florida first week of the year. I’ll check out the municipal docks.
    Enjoy

Smooch