Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A victim of Florence

Guys,

A friend of mine called me yesterday and said he has acquired a 1977 58 Yachtfish that is a victim of Florence. It was run up the cape fear and anchored. Apparently it rode out the storm but broke the anchor loose and settled to the side of the river. As the water receded it rested on its port side and got 2-3 ft of water in the port side as the river crested again a few days later.

A barge came to lift the boat and didn't do a good job as it was lifted. The port side in the cockpit area was damaged as well as the port side overhang of the flybridge. The boat was towed/floated back to a slip in Wilmington.

I looked at it yesterday to get my list of parts I want off the boat. If anyone has any need for parts off a 58 yachtfish feel free to PM me and I can connect you with the current owner. I believe they intend to lift it out of the water by week's end and will begin to cut her up.

Its sad to see these boats end up like this.

Re: A victim of Florence

Sent you a PM
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

i would love to have the master stateroom closet doors and hardware. do you have any pics? i'm sure there is a lot of stuff that is usefull

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeepseafisher View Post
    Guys,

A friend of mine called me yesterday and said he has acquired a 1977 58 Yachtfish that is a victim of Florence. It was run up the cape fear and anchored. Apparently it rode out the storm but broke the anchor loose and settled to the side of the river. As the water receded it rested on its port side and got 2-3 ft of water in the port side as the river crested again a few days later.

A barge came to lift the boat and didn't do a good job as it was lifted. The port side in the cockpit area was damaged as well as the port side overhang of the flybridge. The boat was towed/floated back to a slip in Wilmington.

I looked at it yesterday to get my list of parts I want off the boat. If anyone has any need for parts off a 58 yachtfish feel free to PM me and I can connect you with the current owner. I believe they intend to lift it out of the water by week's end and will begin to cut her up.

Its sad to see these boats end up like this.
    Did you receive my PM?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Make molds so you can start manufacturing a new version of the old girls.

I'm sure the markets there.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

i think i replied to all PMs sent. If you dont see a reply you can reach me today at nine-1-9 8-one-eight-7-8-five-two. Good luck to all

To all,

Wanted to update everyone on this. The owner was trying to find someone to buy the whole boat. That didn't happen and today he decided to part it out. I purchased many of the large items and as much of the interior woodwork as I can remove. I didn't want the master closet doors and someone else had call about them so I told the owner to let them have that piece. I'm posting to let everyone know that I will be working removing item the next few days and if there are any items you need but can't get here I may be able to remove them for you. Let me know if I can help. Also if anyone needs any interior wood let me know. I'm not going to use half the wood stuff I bought but can't stand to see it destroyed.

anybody know the name of this boat? i'm going to get some doors from her and was going to try to find pictures of her to see if there is anything else i could use

That are sad news. My mother used to say that boats have souls. Every time my father hinted that he was going to sell the boat, she (the boat) started to act up, stabilizers hoses burst, the genny did not start ans so on. The moment my mother talked to the boat problems stated to dissapear ! On another note, I allways wondered what a modern equiped 58YF would look like. Modern engines, new stabilizers systems. I once contacted Hatteras to quote me a complette factory reffit of our 58 YF, and the re directed me to a commercial yard. They did not seem interested in such a project.

Believe the name of the boat is AFTERGLOW.
    She was docked in Carolina Beach harbor for the past few years