Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Old phone intercom system

A friend of mine with the 43 Hatteras recently had visitors to their boat. Accidentally one of the visitors broke the housing on their telephone intercom system. Can anybody make a recommendation as to where I can get a replacement for this unit? Or does anyone on the forum have a unit that they like to get rid of? Please respond if you can help thanks.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Re: Old phone intercom system

I'll ll look. Most have been removed long ago.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks Scott.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Interesting.

I think the phone system is one of the cool things about these boats, on top of them being pretty handy especially when short handed and one can't leave the wheel.

So I did some searching for the modern day equivalent..... not finding ANYTHING!.... wow. What.... you just call people on your cell phone?

On edit..... finally found something: http://www.downwindmarine.com/Newmar...-91000152.html
    Last edited by oscarvan; 10-24-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Yep—got one Rusty.

DAN

No kidding Dan. Fabulous. Small color by chance? If you have it in Richmond I can pop by and pick it up today. Let me know. Rusty
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

That Newmar setup is a pretty cool solution. My intercom has failed so I may also go that route. Any idea on our old intercoms if there is a brain box somewhere that allows adjustment?

Hey Rusty, you need to contact Ron’s old girlfriend, if you don’t know what I am talking about ask Ron. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I didn’t want to reopen old wounds. I’m sure both are long gone. 😂
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Man John....I'm trying to forget about that. She was the nutcase who didn't like the way the phone looked in the master stateroom so she ripped it off the wall while I wasn't there and threw it away without me knowing. She was gorgeous but also nuts so she had to go. Still miss my old Hatteras phone....the girl...not so much.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee