Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hello from Seattle!

Hi all, I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Steven and while my wife Suzanne and I are not Hatteras owners (yet) we are trawler owners in the PNW. We currently own a 40' Pilothouse Trawler built by Bluewater Yacht Builders in China in 1980. She's a great "starter trawler” for us but as we've begun to acknowledge our growing desire to live aboard and the possibility of cruising further in the coming years we recognized the need for a larger, offshore capable vessel.

We’re deep into our research and we’ve done the rounds; touring, poking, prodding and researching all of the usual brands that meet our criteria (and price target) but most seemed to go one way or the other: either great live-aboards or a great passagemakers but to get both we’d need to double (or triple) the budget.

Sadly we overlooked Hatteras until recently when a live-aboard friend suggested looking into 48/58 LRCs. Now that we know better - it’s clear that they are quite impressive vessels and we’re obsessing a bit over them; reading everything we can find and scheduling appointments to tour anything on the market near us so we can educate ourselves and learn everything we can about LRCs.

Anyway, that’s a bit about us. Happy to have found this group and we’re looking forward to learning as much as we can. This site has already been a wealth of information.
    Last edited by Airstream345; 10-25-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Re: Hello from Seattle!

Welcome to the Sams forum. Sometimes you have to try out a few other boats before you finally end up with the Hatteras. I did the same thing but with Chris Craft. I didn’t ever think I would get away from the wooden boat, Not because of the maintenance but because I just love the look and feel of him. However after getting into the Hatteras I realized I should’ve jumped ship years and years ago. Best luck up there in the Northwest and keep the search going.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Hi and welcome, we were in Canada in the Gulf Islands about a month ago and saw a beautiful 58 LRC up there, don’t know if it belonged to a forum member or not, if so he might chime in and discuss it with you. There is a 58 LRC for sale in Long Beach Ca. I have seen it from the outside only but it was in beautiful condition. It is listed on Yachtworld. Good luck and keep us posted. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Welcome to the forum, as you've noticed, its THE place for all Hatteras questions. My Admiral and I keep our 58 YF in Tacoma, if you find yourself in the neighborhood feel free to reach out. I haven't seen any LRC's around here, but would love to check one out if you come across a keeper. If you need a local broker referral let me know, I've a good one (Ex-Hatteras owner too).

Cheers-

Matt

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

We finally toured a 58 LRC recently and really REALLY liked what these vessels have to offer. I'm sure we'll have more questions as we progress.