Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Debugging Glendinning Synchronizer

My sync stopped working earlier this season and I'm just now getting to it. I believe that the senders at the trannis are working, as the tachs are also working. I checked the on/off switch at the helm, which has failed in the past and it is working. Any suggestions on what to look for in between? I've never touched the unit before and would rather not reinvent the wheel.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: Debugging Glendinning Synchronizer

Bob

I have nothing to offer for your particular problem but I have had a few with my system over the years. Call Glendenning because they will get you right. They always take my calls and give me a process to find and fix my problem. I have talked to the president many times and even had one of their lead technical guys get diverted to my boat on his way to a boat show once to help me get back up and running. They are first rate. Very geared to helping the DIY boat owner, and I assume any and all service providers.

843-399-6146

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

This link will take you right to the Glendinning trouble shooting guide

https://www.glendinningprods.com/wp-...ync_manual.pdf
    Tim
    1979 53' MY Hull #566
    KNOW PRESSURE
    Hampton, Virginia

Thanks, guys. I knew I could count on this forum to get me headed in the right direction.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Reefgeorge View Post
    Bob

I have nothing to offer for your particular problem but I have had a few with my system over the years. Call Glendenning because they will get you right. They always take my calls and give me a process to find and fix my problem. I have talked to the president many times and even had one of their lead technical guys get diverted to my boat on his way to a boat show once to help me get back up and running. They are first rate. Very geared to helping the DIY boat owner, and I assume any and all service providers.

843-399-6146

George

+1

dealt with them when i swapped out my tach drive distributors for new electronic ones.
    they sell a number of engine takeoff kits that we went thru until i found one that came close to fitting my engines. (427 fords)
    besides the multiple calls back and forth they ended up cutting a custom mounting bolt to make the kit work.
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN