Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coat Rack/Hooks

Coat Rack/Hooks

Has anyone mounted a coat rack in the salon area of a 53 MY?
    We live aboard and the helm station looks like a kids playroom with all the coats hanging on or laying on it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

John
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

Re: Coat Rack/Hooks

I’ve seen one 53 with the top bunk of the V-Berth removed and a closet pole added from bow to stern. It’s a walk in closet with a lower bunk. Not sure if this helps.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Agree with Seven, that forward berth is where I would keep coats. I don’t think I would want coats in the salon at all.

On my 53. There is a coat hook mounted on the wall next to the pilot house doors. It’s where the chase for the wires that go up to the fly bridge. That part of the wall is boxed in and the hooks are on that.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

If you go that way John be careful not to drive a screw into any wires or cooper tubes in the box run.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    If you go that way John be careful not to drive a screw into any wires or cooper tubes in the box run.
    That is my biggest concern. I have no idea what is behind those areas! Thanks for the help everyone.
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Toolsntoys View Post
    On my 53. There is a coat hook mounted on the wall next to the pilot house doors. It’s where the chase for the wires that go up to the fly bridge. That part of the wall is boxed in and the hooks are on that.
    Port or starboard? Forward of the doors or aft? I have to run a few cables from the flybridge and I was wondering where they run through.

You can pop off the panel easy enough. Depending of what other owners have added there might not be much room. If nothing was added there will be room. However I’d use a nut and bolt to hold the hangers anyway.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Its 3/8 plywood. Just don't put in any screws longer than that.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I mounted a 4 coat rack on the wall just forward of the starboard pilot house door next to the stairs going down. I see you have a 1979, not sure if that year has an electrical panel there or not, obviously would not work if you do. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.