Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Manuals

Manuals

A question to those who have bought the manuals for their boat from Hatteras. Do they include the mechanical drawings, or just the printed pages? They have the manuals for my boat, and they come in two parts, the manual and the electrical diagrams. I am wondering if that includes all of the mechanical drawings. I have the original manuals, and the printed part is fine but the drawings are quite faded and mostly unreadable.

Re: Manuals

The manual that I bought from them for my 1976 46C came with all of the drawings except for the engine room 12V electrical system circuit panel which they told me had not been "preserved" for my boat. The drawings that were included were formatted on 11"x 17" paper versus the full size sheets that were with my original owners manual.

As an interesting side note, the reason I bought the reprinted manual in the first place was that the original drawings (blueprints) that were with the boat when I bought it looked like they had gotten wet at some point. They were washed out and pretty much illegible in a lot of places. They were also getting pretty brittle. Despite having the new reprinted manual, I found that I was still referring back to the original drawings a bunch because the previous owner(s) had made notes on them, particularly with the electrical systems . To keep from having to handle them a bunch while I was redoing the interior. I brought the originals to my office and ran them through our large format copier (I work for an engineering/architecture company). To my surprise, a lot of the illegible areas on the originals came out legible on the copies. And there followed much rejoicing.

Last edited by Play'N Hooky Too; 10-23-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    "The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner" - Some Wise Guy

1976 46' Convertible
    Old Fort Bayou
    Ocean Springs, Mississippi

Re: Manuals

Thanks. That was exactly the info I was looking for. It seems that it will be worth getting the manuals from Hatteras.