Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 40 motor yacht

Hybrid View

40 motor yacht

Hi I am a new member trying to learn about Hatteras boats for a future purchase. I am interested in buying a 40 foot motoryacht as my retirement boat. My question is these boats way about 30,000 pounds until 1990 then they weigh 38,000 pounds according to the brochure. Can anyone tell Me why the boat is 8000 pounds more after 1990. Thanks

Re: 40 motor yacht

Dont ever ask your wife that question.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I believe the lower weight is with the 454 gas engines, the higher weight the Cat diesels. I have a series 1, 1987 boat. Hanging on the travel lift showed 29,500 lbs. with the 454 engines. By the way the brochure for the series 1 shows 2' plus draft, it is 4'6". If you have any further questions, happy to help. Bob

Thanks Bob. I appreciate the response. I thought the brochure said it was with the biggest engines but per haps not for all years. How do you like your boat? I saw one in my yard and have been looking into them ever cents. I have a shortlist of boats but this one is on the top although I haven’t been on yet. I hope to retire with this bowl and Snowbird to Florida. Any tips or reviews you could give me about the boat would be much appreciated. Thank you. JJ

Probably should have spell checked that before I sent it LOL. JJ

The spelling is fine. Its just some of the words that are wrong.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI