Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sling points

Re: Sling points

Sams sells them.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Better shot
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

There you go....even better.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

The graving plan calls for 4 slings on a 53MY, not 2. Don't let them haul it with 2 and don't let them block it with less than 5 blocking points under the keel.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

If a yard wanted to haul me with two straps, I run!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I knew there would be comments about this. It bothers me a bit too about the 2 slings, but where I am, it is the only yard that can handle my boat and unfortunately,they only have 2 slings on their travel lift.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    The boats originally came with one from the factory?
    I think my plans are about an inch thick. Invaluable. Really helpful in understanding why things were done the way they were. Very helpful in planning repairs and modifications so as to not reinvent the wheel. I found all 67 bonding points from the plans plus additional added points when I rehabbed that system; duly recorded additions to the plans. PO denied having the plans; I dug them out first day onboard. I kinda like the owner’s manual, because it looks like it was typed on a Smith-Corona portable like I had in college, complete with corrections. Makes you wonder why they didn’t just xerox it (another now anachronistic term).
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I also have a full set of plans stored on my boat. Seven I'll be ordering the SS sling point plates.

I ordered the replacements for my exterior plugs. They arrive tomorrow. The olds ones are faded and craz cracked. These will give it a clean new look.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    I think my plans are about an inch thick. Invaluable. Really helpful in understanding why things were done the way they were. Very helpful in planning repairs and modifications so as to not reinvent the wheel. I found all 67 bonding points from the plans plus additional added points when I rehabbed that system; duly recorded additions to the plans. PO denied having the plans; I dug them out first day onboard. I kinda like the owner’s manual, because it looks like it was typed on a Smith-Corona portable like I had in college, complete with corrections. Makes you wonder why they didn’t just xerox it (another now anachronistic term).
    Hate to say this, an age giveaway, but when I was an engineering intern/GMI student at GM in the GM building ('60's), when there was a GM bldg., we had the very first Xerox machines. About $2 a copy at today's price. Cute to use. When you pushed the "make a copy" button, two little stainless steel fingers came out and grasped the paper, returning it to you when done. Remember to use the little plastic paddles for stirring the toner, so it kept flowing.

So Xerox's haven't been around that long. However, Ozalid Machines and Blueprint machines- now they could make you a proper blue print, up to E size and more. Pull that cutoff steel string out against a spring to cut off long blueprints! Geez, I remember all that!

P.s., yes definitely looking for Sling Plates! Thanks for the info.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...