Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beer prices

Re: Beer prices

I have several kegs of Keystone Light hidden away in my bunker for the impending doom. I am trying to figure out a way to put sails on my Hatteras to reduce my carbon footprint but Im afraid its too late for us. I heard last week we only have 10 years left if we dont submit. Seems like I heard this back in the 80's.....maybe its an echo???

I can't drink alcohol but I love the taste of beer, so I drink Coors non alcoholic or O'douls.
    Will the hops shortage affect them?
    Walt

Global warming is not your problem right now....

https://wtop.com/virginia/2018/02/new-invasive-species-va-threaten-grape-hops-crops/

S
    een a bunch of these critters up here in PA.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Warm climates make the agave plant grow like crazy. More Tequila! I'm going to crank up the Detroits today to spew out a little more CO2 to help speed up the process and annoy my liberal tree hugging neighbors.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Ron, how’s it going up there with the marina and the new job? John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

It's time for all of you to switch to bourbon. A fine product, produced right here in the U.S. of A. Find and watch this movie: http://www.thebourbonfilm.com/
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Eric,
    No more bourbon drinkers, its already been "discovered" at the prices are up almost 25%.
    let then stick to beer.
    Jeff Kotler
    Southern Cross
    '81 61' motor yacht

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    I can't drink alcohol but I love the taste of beer, so I drink Coors non alcoholic or O'douls.
    Walt
    If you can find it, try the Hellraiser Dark Amber. It's quite good for a NA. https://wellbeingbrewing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' View Post
    If you can find it, try the Hellraiser Dark Amber. It's quite good for a NA. https://wellbeingbrewing.com
    Thanks, They don't have it here in NJ yet but I will keep an eye out for it. Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Walt
    Yes, if said shortage in fact materializes.

First off, the NA's are not really alcohol free. To legally call themselves that the brewers have to get the ABV down to .05 It starts off as regular beer..... mash, wort, boil with hops additions, fermentation, conditioning.... all that. Hence the initial "yes", as it too needs hops.

After that the vast majority of the alcohol is removed by heating. Basically distillation except you keep the "waste" and get rid of the alcohol, although I'm sure they find a use for that. Problem is, you do this at 175º or so, you also "cook" it again, which affect flavor, quite negatively. One solution is to do it in vacuum, which lowers all boiling points, and then the alcohol boils off at about 120º....

Still, it's the alcohol removal that basically makes all NA beers taste the same, and not as good as the originals. The most palatable NA i've found out there is Clausthaler. It's a pilsener style beer that is halfway drinkable.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay