Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

58 MY Layouts.....

Need one of the peeps that knows a lot about these boats to fill in the blanks.....

Only talking about the 58MY, not the CPMY, YF, Tri Cabin or Convertible.

Trying to get a handle on the layouts, with help of what I see on line, as well as the brochures listed on this website. There are two brochures....

Series 1...... 1977-1980..... There's a galley down and a "salon galley model"......

Series 2..... 1985-1987..... Here the engines are moved aft.... and the VIP and it's head are now foward of the engine. Only a galley down is shown....

So, what happened between 1980 and 1985? Was there a Series 2 Salon Galley? What consequences did moving the engines aft have?

Thanks.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Re: 58 MY Layouts.....

Series 1 was a 15' 10" beam, essentially an extended 53ED.

Series 2 was a 18'2" beam, essentially an extended 56MY.

These are totally different boats. I know of no galley up in the 58MY S2. That 58MY became the 60MY. There was only one 60MY ever built with a galley up. It was a special order and is now for sale. Look at Yachtworld, its in Montague MI.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

OK, now the pieces are falling into place.....thank you.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I saw one 58ED with galley up. It was a beautiful boat but I already bought mine. I love the galley up model.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

I figured they existed..... None on the market right now. Playing with the thought of adding an island to the bar upstairs on a galley down ED and making a "light" galley up. Sink, IR burner, small convection. Make breakfast, hot sandwiches, salads etc. Easy to get to from the bridge.

Have a good sized dish washer/slop sink down as well as a warmer, freezer /big cutting board etc. More like a prep kitchen. Stick it in the warmers and then bring it to the table up. (I am the Captain, deck hand, engineer, cook AND chief bottle washer)
    '
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay