Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ground Tranportation

Need to ship my 37C from Galveston Tx to Ensenada Mx the end of Nov. I'm having trouble finding a company. 3 unable or not interested so far.
    Hoping to get input from the experienced folks here. I could have it delivered to San Diego but would rather deliver right to Baja Naval.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Mike

Re: Ground Tranportation

You may well have to contract with two carriers - one U S Carrier to the nearest border crossing and then a Mexican carrier from there to Ensenada. It's only about 70 Nautical miles from San Diego to Ensenada and a pretty easy cruise - you might just get it to San Diego and have a nice cruise south. Ensenada has all the government facilities so check in and obtaining a Temporary Import Permit are easy. The folks a Baja Naval do good work.

Quote Originally Posted by rjwilliams View Post
    You may well have to contract with two carriers - one U S Carrier to the nearest border crossing and then a Mexican carrier from there to Ensenada. It's only about 70 Nautical miles from San Diego to Ensenada and a pretty easy cruise - you might just get it to San Diego and have a nice cruise south. Ensenada has all the government facilities so check in and obtaining a Temporary Import Permit are easy. The folks a Baja Naval do good work.
    RJ
    Agree 100% May transport to San Diego and run up to Ensenada. Those I have contacted have been given the choice. Problem has been they are not able to handle the size.
    I'm good with transporting to San Diego. Just need a transporter to quote the job.
    smooth cruising
    Mike

Try San Diego Boat Movers, used them in the past with great success however they were recently sold so don’t know how good the new owners are
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Try San Diego Boat Movers, used them in the past with great success however they were recently sold so don’t know how good the new owners are
    Contacted them and was advised they don't move boats with out trailers.

I'm currently at Dog River Marina in Mobile Ala after cruising through 3 great lakes and 10 rivers to get to the Gulf.

I'm now looking for a Broker to book the Ground transportation through. If anybody has any recommendations for reputable brokers I would love to hear them
    thanks
    Mike

I’ve obviously missed something here, but when/where did you start?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I’ve obviously missed something here, but when/where did you start?
    Boat is currently in Mobile Al. wanting to truck to San Diego.

If you are asking where and when I started the cruise. I started the adventure in Sandusky Ohio the end of August. arrived in Mobile the end of Oct.

Sounds like it could be a nice adventure story so far.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

check with the people at dog river, they may know someone to do the transport for you.. rudy or bob would be the guys to talk to

I see Joule Yacht transport all the time here unloading in San Diego at Shelter Island. Give them a try. I had a friend move a tiara from FL to San Diego on San Diego Boat movers and was happy. Smaller boat, not bridge to deal with, and I didn't know they were sold.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)