Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Ground Tranportation

Are you going to cruiseport or coral? Either way, if your boat is made operational in San Diego it is a very easy trip by water. In terms of paperwork it may also be easier as the marina in Ensenada will act as your concierge to help get it in order. Blowncar on this forum has a Mexican captain he trusts, and I have an American captain in San Diego I would recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanjake View Post
    Are you going to cruiseport or coral? Either way, if your boat is made operational in San Diego it is a very easy trip by water. In terms of paperwork it may also be easier as the marina in Ensenada will act as your concierge to help get it in order. Blowncar on this forum has a Mexican captain he trusts, and I have an American captain in San Diego I would recommend.
    I plan to run from San Diego to Baja Naval on her own hull. Bottom Paint and a few repairs there then Cruise Port. A gentleman retired from the tuna fleet has been recommended for an in boat rebuild of the original starboard engine. Not a requirement but Port has about 600 hrs and starboard is original 78 and smokes.

Once complete will be slipping in Wilmington as office for my consulting business.

Easy trip from SD to Ensenada. Baja Naval does good work as well. I have a very good crew of guys working on my 60c at Cruiseport and sounds like you may have already found my mechanic. Let me know if you need more contacts or information, there's a lot of good people down there and a few bad ones. I'll be in Cruiseport for probably another year and on board more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by sixty View Post
    Easy trip from SD to Ensenada. Baja Naval does good work as well. I have a very good crew of guys working on my 60c at Cruiseport and sounds like you may have already found my mechanic. Let me know if you need more contacts or information, there's a lot of good people down there and a few bad ones. I'll be in Cruiseport for probably another year and on board more often than not.
    I believe your buddy with a 42 reached out to me on your mechanic. I have not spoken with the mechanic yet but will once in the water in San Diego.
    Look forward to seeing you cruise port.
    Mike

I figured. He speaks very little English but knows his stuff and is VERY honest. You may need a interpreter and if I am around I can help you out. PM me and I'll give you my number.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMck View Post
    I believe your buddy with a 42 reached out to me on your mechanic. I have not spoken with the mechanic yet but will once in the water in San Diego.
    Look forward to seeing you cruise port.
    Mike

Best thing about doing your work there is you can still get good bottom paint. At the rate they are messing with botttom paint restrictions in Ca. We may soon have to use water based house paint on our bottoms. Good luck and I agree with other comments about Baja Naval, good work. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.