Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Replacement Holding Tank for non-Hatteras

My daughter and SIL have a Stamas that needs a holding tank. There is sufficient room up under the V-Berth, but I cannot seem to find a tank that fits that triangular space. I seem to recall a manufacturer that makes that shape, but I thought it was Todd, and they do not. Any help would be appreciated.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: Replacement Holding Tank for non-Hatteras

How old is the stamas?

I speak to john a few times a month.

Todd and a few others make different shapes tanks. I've sold a few moellers for fuel. Never added a holding tank. Then again I refuse to deal with .....
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks, Scott. It's a 1990, Model 28.8 Liberty. The head has a porta potty now, but there is a pumpout hose that runs forward up the stbd side to the bow. It seems to me that there might be room up there for a tank, as the porta potty is virtually useless.

My daughter tells me that the original specs note a porta potty, but the hose makes me think it may have had a real head at some point. Hell, the 20' of hose holds almost as much as the tank on the potty.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Maybe there was an option. Or like you suggest a po install of at least a hose.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

And contrary to popular urban legend, $hit will flow uphill with the assistance of a proper pump.

I have cleaned "joker valves" at sea. No thanks.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    I have cleaned "joker valves" at sea. No thanks.
    I have had to dig a "White Mouse" out of a macerator way off shore in rough seas. There is not enough towels, shop rags, old shirts, or Pine Oil to tackle that job.

One woman on the boat, and the whole time, "that was not me".

There are signs in the head, and I always give a lecture about what I expect from all on board, and what can or cannot be flushed through the head. One time someone brought a roll of Bounty on board, and tried to flush a couple of sheets down. Wound around the macerator blade like kite string. Again not enough resources on a pitching boat to tackle that job that I always seem to get stuck with.

I keep RV paper on board that dissolves after flushed, but people seem to find a way to get me on my knees hugging a toilet like I was drunk. Never at the dock or when calm off shore.

Have a great weekend,
    Tim
    Fish Tales
    65C

I find that Scott single ply works just as well as the RV paper, and for much less $$. And yea, I once made the bounty mistake myself. "It's only a half sheet", I said to myself. "What possible harm could it do?"

Look at plastic-mart.com They made a custom holding tank for me in the past. Worked out very well.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"