Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Nobody Talking About Michael?

All my in laws are there in PCB, Lynnhaven, and refused to evacuate, last we heard anything was 147pm yesterday when my MIL texted a tree had come thru the roof. My BIL's house is 4 blocks from the only undeveloped beach in PCB. I don't think sandbags and plywood held up to this one ......Pat

I hope their safe. What makes people stay when the SHTF is beyond me. I was half way to Tampa for Matthew. My dad was in Vermont for florence.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

No words to explain what you see in the youtube video here.
    It should have a disclaimer warning stating, "This Video Has disturbing Images"
    Thoughts go out to these poor folks.
    Tim
    1979 53' MY Hull #566
    KNOW PRESSURE
    Hampton, Virginia

After buying Fish Tales last year, I left her at Bay Point Marina for several months until a marina was secured here in Daytona Beach. That was an awesome marina, and would have loved to have stayed, except for the 7 hour drive every other weekend to use the boat.

I have tried contacting the previous owner and captain to ask about the report of extreme damage, but I am guessing there is no phone service yet available. I cannot get through.

I talked to two other Hatteras owners here locally this morning, and they stated, as Randy, that that marina is no more.

Very Sad,

Prayers be with them,

Tim
    Fish Tales
    65C

For those of you who are animal-lovers...I heard from my friend, Rhyno, who owns the zoo in Panama City Beach. He confirmed that all of the animals are safe, particularly the giraffes which they were obviously unable to evacuate. A few alligators got away, but they were able to find them and bring them back - GOOD to know! They have a lot rebuilding to do, though. Fencing is gone, but those that they were unable to evacuate were locked down in block houses.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

This morning, I was on my boat about 120 miles from Micheal. About 5:45 am I took a wave OVER the transom dumping about a foot of water in the cockpit. That’s 4’ of freeboard! I couldn’t get to boat yesterday in time to turn it around. Swim platform is gone and one of my frameless windows blew out. When I say it blew out, I don’t mean it fell out and broke. It EJECTED over the side deck in one piece. I’m not complaining and I’m in no way comparing my experience with the hell of those folks on the Gulf. I’m very lucky. The eye passed over my farm in Aiken about same time as my wave; we escaped with no damage.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I can't believe anything is still standing at all. I didn't see a single building in that whole video that looked habitable. Those poor folks, down there.

Wow, that place is nuked. They get to start from scratch. That's going to be long haul, and will never be the same.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

My God...... Unbelievable. It looks like Hiroshima, Japan on Aug 7, 1945. I agree with Randy about
    the body count. I'm afraid it will be high. Those poor folks lost everything.

Walt