Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Total Boat Lust

Total Boat Lust

Based on comments here on the forum, I tried Lust, from Total Boat. I'm impressed! Dont know how long lasting or durable it will be, but so far, great. This is 3 of a planned 10 coats.

Re: Total Boat Lust

Looks great. Send photos of the 10th and updates to the longevity of the product.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Forgot to ask, are you sanding between coats? They say it’s recommended that you do not have to and you can apply 3 to 5 coats per day. What are your findings?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

No sanding between coats, and recoats in an hour based on temp. If you go over 48 hours between coats, sanding is recommended. Little thinner than epifanes.. but no sanding is a real time saver.

Bring it to Florida for testing. You can't test varnish up there.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Looks good like all your work. Interested in seeing how it holds up.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I coat much the same way with Epiphanes; recoat when dry to the touch as long as it hasn't been over 24hrs. Never had an issue.

But I don't do much of that anymore as most everything is covered with Imron MS1 clear for the past few years.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Is this a 2 part product, or in the "Cat Mast" Video did they thin the first coat for better penetration?

Quote Originally Posted by riverrandy View Post
    Is this a 2 part product, or in the "Cat Mast" Video did they thin the first coat for better penetration?
    Total Boat Lust is a 1 part product, and only the 1st coat is thinned.. 50/50 with mineral spirits. I usually use epiphanes, but I like this product much, much better. No sanding between coats, 1-2 hour recoat times, up to 24 hours before a sanding would be required.

Can anyone tell me how much longer the 2 part systems last ? Are they worth it ?
    Thanks Ray