Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Some stats......

OSCARVAN

I'm right the there with you, closed my business last month, waiting for $$$ to clear, pay off all debts, and get my boat. But has to be in that order. Oh and get rid of some cars! Not sure they don't cost more to keep than a 53"

hoping for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by MAK View Post
    OSCARVAN

Oh and get rid of some cars!
    Now why would you want to do that?
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

So, did you buy a boat?

I just bought a Hatt 61' cockpit motor yacht. Spent a lot of time watching the available boats and waiting for the right one. You have to kiss a lot of frogs. All of the listings are deceiving to some degree as the broker / owners are not going to tell you all the bad points that need attention only what they perceive as the good points. When I finally found my boat, made offer and flew to go and survey it there were a WHOLE lot of surprises like. They had removed the stabilizers, none of the head pumps were working, part of the flybridge deck is soft, etc, etc. But other things they did not mention like a very good complete awlgrip paint job in the last four years ($100,000) were a big bonus. I guess what I am trying to say is you can plan all you want from your armchair but all the research is not going to prepare you for what you end up getting, and I am find new and interesting issues every day now I have the boat home and am living on it. I had a rough budget for the purchase price, and a budget for the after purchase refit but I have no expectation of really sticking to it. I paid a lot less for the boat than I thought I would, and I'll guarantee I will go over budget on the refit by 30% - 40%. But I have been down this road a bunch of times before and am realistic.

Good luck with your new boat. You appear to have the right attitude about it. Keep us posted on some
    of your projects (repairs/alterations) on her.

Walt