Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Searay

Searay

Mods, apologies if this is inappropriate here.....then please pull.

BUT.... this is a heck of a deal, IF you're into this kind of thing.

My neighbor across the street is single, again, and going after his boyhood dream which is a sail boat. Let's just get past that and move to the fact that it was his wife that wanted the Searay and he wasn't really in to it, so it was mostly a dock queen. But, he took good care of the maintenance and he's ready to sign on the dotted line for the sail boat, so here's a potentially really good deal on a '07 (I think) 390-40 with Mercruisers under 200 hours! Properly stored in winter, everything should be working.

I have not seen the boat in person, but his house looks reasonably neat. It's located on the Jersey shore. He's actually entertaining trading it in, so if you throw him an offer on the low end of the range he will look at it......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Re: Searay

From a searay to a sailboat. Now thats just one poor decision after another.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    From a searay to a sailboat. Now thats just one poor decision after another.
    Well, there's no accounting for taste. Truth is, I've had a lifetime of fun on sailboats, some of it pretty serious sailing. Just getting too old to be out there in the wet and cold, and tired of stuff always sliding off the table. So a floating condo that'll take us places in comfort is in order. A Searay? Yeah, that's a lot of (expensive) silly all around.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

You know the old story, when you are on a delivery on a sail boat and it’s your time on deck you put on your heavy clothes and your foul weather gear and go on watch. If delivering a power boat you go on watch in your jammies. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    You know the old story, when you are on a delivery on a sail boat and it’s your time on deck you put on your heavy clothes and your foul weather gear and go on watch. If delivering a power boat you go on watch in your jammies. John
    Never did deliveries. Thousands of miles on my own boat. Many of them by myself, outside. Quite a few nights with ice on deck. I had a heated vest from the motorcycle store under my foulies and a stout 12V outlet next to my helm seat.

It was fun at the time. Getting too old for that.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Holy smokes, don't plug me into anything in the weather...except maybe a bottle or a flask.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    ... this is a heck of a deal, IF you're into this kind of thing......
    Just curious what model this searay is, and what could be considered a heck of a deal?
    what is the ask price? I've had a few searays and enjoyed them all, for different reasons.

Question Searay

oscarvan,

Why don't you buy it? Your sig line says that you're currently looking for a boat...

Cheers
    Hard work pays off in the future.
    Laziness, pays off now!

Stripes, not the type of boat I'm looking for....We want more space and a different layout. Not to mention the fact that I don't care for the aesthetics.

Great Lakes it's a 390-40 Sundancer IIRC... not "up" on these boats.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Whats the asking price? any way I could get some pics pr specifications?