Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Cabo bait tank question

Just got a 35 express and not sure all the bait tank parts are there. What controls the water level? Is there supposed to be an standpipe or something in the central drain? Or is the drain in the center of the tank just plugged and there is an overflow along the side?Thanks for the help. Marc

Re: Cabo bait tank question

Quote Originally Posted by Mkslice View Post
    Just got a 35 express and not sure all the bait tank parts are there. What controls the water level? Is there supposed to be an standpipe or something in the central drain? Or is the drain in the center of the tank just plugged and there is an overflow along the side?Thanks for the help. Marc
    On my recent purchase 2003, the starboard side has a plastic “grate” that seems to be the overflow. The drain is controlled by a large gate valve in the lazerette. Under the deck on the starboard side. I have not looked behind the grate yet. But my live well works fine by opening and closing the gate valve. That gate valve was frozen on mine. I replaced it with the exact same part from a hot tub store. There is another brand out there but it is a slightly different size and didn’t work with. The hose. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. I hadn’t found the gate valve, but have now.Thanks again.

Necessary information for me also.. Thanks a lot!!

Sorry to bring up this topic, but thanks for sharing