Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Blueprints for sale....

Someone got some boxes full somewhere and is selling Hatteras/Hargrave blueprints on eBay..... Many with notations on them..... search for "Hatteras Yacht"
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Re: Blueprints for sale....

In Louisiana an architects drawings are considered copy righted and cannot be legally sold or used without the architects permission. I wonder if this is the same in other states. We have some off the wall laws in LA

Maybe the drawings became property of Hatteras and were legally sold when they cleaned up the attic.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

About a year ago I found my actual boat's floor plan on ebay. Its now now framed and on the wall in the twin cabin.

Hint: if you buy one of these plans you will need to have it "vacuum laminated" before framing. No glass is then required and its sealed forever. The plans are quite fragile due to their age and prior poor storage.

The person selling them on ebay does not post them in sealed plastic, so be careful if you have a damp letterbox.