Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fuel

Wet Ever used a miserly 450 gal. coming up and most of the guy-food items on this table.

Still calculating the numbers for beef jerky per nm...
    Attached Images

RiverPoint in Stockton

Few if any pictures, but we entered the main channel to the Bay, traversed Racoon Strait, dodged a few dredging ops at 3-4AM, crossed the San Pablo Bay and through the Carquinez Strait and up the Sacramento/San Joquin rivers past Rusty's marina where we dropped him off at his pristine 53 Seven.

This is Ron and John tying up Wet Ever at it's new (temporary) mooring at RiverPoint Marina.

Extra credit for identifying the flag...
    Attached Images

Balls

I am uploading this for the sole purpose of embarrassing Rusty. He spent much of the trip telling Ron how he was going to polish his balls.
    Attached Images

Re: The Journey North With Seven and Scarlett

Really great thread. Wish I lived on left coast so I could apply for a position.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Only TWO bags of Milanos? Good thing you made a quick trip of it.

Thxs guys - enjoyed your adventure - glad all went smoothly!

Re: Balls

Quote Originally Posted by drburke View Post
    I am uploading this for the sole purpose of embarrassing Rusty. He spent much of the trip telling Ron how he was going to polish his balls.
    I offered to shine them but nooooo. Ron went out and bought new sets. A man who wants it right. Fabulous trip. I slept 20 hours within the first 36 hours being back. I can’t wait to go back to work to get some rest.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Maps for the record (Part 1)

One of my goals was to evaluate OpenCPN as a secondary or tertiary chartplotter solution so I had that running alongside the Garmin primary.

For the curious, I attached some maps. It did a pretty good job but had some technical glitches related to display--overall not bad.

Not very easy to see, but our planned route is the blue line and actual track is yellow.
    Attached Images

Maps for the record (Part 2)

Sorry for low res, just simple screen saves.

Not very easy to see, but our planned route is the blue line and actual track is yellow.
    Attached Images

Echoing Rusty's remarks: we all had a fantastic time! Great boat, great trip, great company!

I was joking a little about the snack fuel, but actually Ron fed us very well. We had unlimited frozen Marie Calendar pies, breakfast burritos, White Castles, some sort of massive casserole, very well stocked fridge and freezer in addition to tons of stuff to drink.

And Jim, you are right about the Milanos. I favored the jerky and specifically told Ron that when we ran out, the trip was over regardless of location.

Robert, your name came up! Ron disagrees but we think his custom-arranged engine room is awesome, so soon we should start a "Show Us Your Engine" image thread--you have the honor of initial upload.

eze2b, I think half of the fun is the good folks you're with. Perhaps those of us in the forum should engage in more stuff like this (actually a lot do anyway--show us the pics!).

DAN