Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Journey North With Seven and Scarlett

Seven/Rusty and Scarlett/John have been nice enough to join me on my voyage north up the California coast from Oxnard to Stockton. We plan on leaving October 2 late in the evening so we can avoid the winds around Point Conception. The point is called The Cape Horn of the Pacific. It gets a bit rowdy with the warm currents of Southern California start mixing with the cooler waters coming in from the Gulf of Alaska. It will be a journey uphill as we say around So Cal as the currents are flowing from north to south. I expect it will take around 44 hours piloting the yacht around the clock going at 9 to 10 kts. I'm moving the boat because I've recently accepted a work contract around the Stockton, California area. Our journey will take us past Santa Barbara, Morro Bay, Monterrey Bay, under the Golden Gate bridge and further east down the San Joaquin river until the salt water turns into fresh water around Pittsburg California. My new marina is River Point Landing Marina and Resort in Stockton, California. It should be around a 400 nautical mile journey. I'm sure we will see lots of whales, porpoises, sea lions and sea otters. Will post pics as we make our journey. Wish us fair winds and following seas. It should be a fun boat ride with two other HOF members.
    Attached Images
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Re: The Journey North With Seven and Scarlett

Thanks for the invitation Ron. Two items will be checked off my bucket list. This Thursday I take an elevator ride to the top of the Golden Gate Bridge. I was on the Bew Bay Bridge tower two weeks before it opened. Finally the trip up the coast. I’ve wanted to do this for years. Looking forward to it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Looks like we got us a convoy.

This is so cool. I wish I had the time and opportunity to do something like this with other HOF members. But I don't, so I'm going to have to live vicariously through you. Please post lots of pics. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I have done this trip to many times, and finding good weather for it is almost impossible, but we will hope it happens, should be fun no matter what and you never get tired of going under the Golden Gate Bridge. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Sounds like a great adventure! Safe travels, fair winds and tides!

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Looks like we got us a convoy.
    A convoy, or are Rusty and John going along as crew? Have a nice trip in any case!

Quote Originally Posted by nightsky View Post
    A convoy, or are Rusty and John going along as crew? Have a nice trip in any case!
    No convoy this time. He’s working us like dogs. lol 😂
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

have fun and good luck....
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN

Great looking boat.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Great looking boat.
    Even better in person. I have first right of refusal.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California