Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DC DC Converter

DC DC Converter

When the 12v electronics battery bank the PO installed fails I Plan to go back to the OEM converter system. Can anybody recommend a modern efficient 32 volt converter? 600 watts would be more than enough.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Re: DC DC Converter

Look at the victron units that are isolated. 48 to 12 or 24 volts. 32 is in there.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

If you're talking DC to DC I believe the original units were Newmar I just bought several 20 amp units used off of Ebay for around $150.00 each. They sell new for around $750.00 each.

These are regulated units with their own internal circuit breaker.

I've also purchased unregulated 20 amp converters from Ebay for around $30.00 each. They work well for many applications but can be a bit fussy when used for electronics due to noise propagation. Powered my Garmin 7612 just fine but didn't play nice with the NMEA network or our Garmin GM10's.
    Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop

I've been very happy with Analytic Systems products (both for converters and chargers). It is a Canadian company that makes very good equipment.

https://www.analyticsystems.com/product/vtc600-32-12/

x2 on Analytic Systems.

I actually have the 32v to 12 v converter described in the link. Works really well.
    Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop

Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    How much are the 32-12 units? Do they come in greater than 360 watts? That might be sufficient but I’d like some excess capacity.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

My analytic converter puts out 50 amps continuous 55 surge. 32x12

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    How much are the 32-12 units? Do they come in greater than 360 watts? That might be sufficient but I’d like some excess capacity.
    You can run 2 in parallel with a few minutes of adjustment. The best part of these is the output is not effected by the input.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

The analytic systems units aren't cheap. The 600 watt unit runs around $700. I've had good luck ordering from Powerstream Technology in Utah.
    https://www.powerstream.com/

The items have been ordered from them but then direct shipped to you from Canada in about 2 weeks.