Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Kidde pressure switch

Since my starboard engine is out for rebuilding I'm cleaning and painting the whole area. I have a disconected Kidde Pressure Switch in the CO2 discharge line. What is the opinion here, should I rewire the switch to shut down my mains and generator or just remove it and put a plug in the tee.

Thanks
    Walt Hoover

Re: Kidde pressure switch

What causes the CO2 to go off? Usually an engine or generator fire or extreme overheating. If you are OK with them running while on fire, then plug 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by R D Young View Post
    What causes the CO2 to go off? Usually an engine or generator fire or extreme overheating. If you are OK with them running while on fire, then plug 'em.
    Afterburner.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Put a gas engine in there. There no way it won't catch fire.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

5. Re: Kidde pressure switch

It should be wired to shut down the machinery in the protected spaces, including any low voltage engine room blowers, when activated.

It should be located where it can be reached and reset easily after the fire is controlled, not buried on the bulkhead opposite from the access.

Good enough advice, looks like I'll be re wiring the switch once its cleaned and painted.

Thanks
    Walt Hoover