Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Allen Bradley momentary push button head switch....

I have the Allen Bradley push button's on my heads and one of them is not working correctly. Does anyone know where to source just the momentary switch? I see Razz Marine has the whole switch plate including emergency switch but I really only need the push button and I'm sure they are very proud of that assembly!!
    Thanks

Re: Allen Bradley momentary push button head switch....

What size and rating?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

If it’s just a momentary contact push button switch check Cole Herse they have a big selection of those switches and are usually available at most marine hardware stores. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

You could also try automationdirect.com if it's a standard pushbutton
    Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop

I am guessing that you have the green 1.25" diameter hole switch, not the Cole Hersey chrome. You didn't say what is the problem with the switch, but the usual fault is that the timing function stops working (properly). If it is wrong timing, there is an adjustment screw on the back. If that doesn't work and if you have the patience, you can take off the back part of the switch and look at the rubber diaphragm. It likely has a hole or tear. Put some rubberized cement on the problem area and you should be good for a few years.

For an exact replacement there are a few new and used on eBay from $70 -$100. Search "allen bradley 234682". For $25 go to mcmastercarr.com and get one without the adjustable timing.

Yes thats the one....I did take it apart as it just seemed to be stuck on! After cleaning it up, inspecting it closely ....no visible holes or tears..and putting it back together it did work to a degree. I did play with the adjustment but it still seems to have a mind of its own! I guess I could just go with a push button that you hold in until your happy with the flush like my past Hatteras 70 had instead of replacing this one. Any idea of how long the non adjustable button stays active?

You will need to get the male version. It will perform as designed without any discussion - it only wants to please.

The standard momentary switch will stay closed (on) as long as you keep pushing (the switch , that is).

The adjustable A\B switch can be set from 2 to 10 seconds if I remember correctly.

That switch is a bit special in that it has a pneumatic (air pressure) dash pot for delay.
    That is what makes it be able to auto flush (time delay on/run) as opposed to have to hold the button in for the entire flush.

You can get it from the old Allen Bradley group.

Call up RAZ even though they only show the entire control panel they will also I am sure you just the switch (they are good that way)
    Tim
    1979 53' MY Hull #566
    KNOW PRESSURE
    Hampton, Virginia

Per Razz they have two left at $240 ea. per them the switch's are not made any longer. I believe that as they expire...I will just change over to the continue to push to flush button like my old boat had. We all should have four or five seconds to spare to flush! Plus that option is allot less expensive!
    Thanks one and all.....

Again, exact replacement on eBay for $70.