Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Allison M transmission shifter detent

The detents inmy strb transmission are very loose and almost no feel to each detent. I have single cablesand adjusted so shift levers match. Is there an adjustment at the shift lever on the transmission?Are there replacement parts that can be installed without removing the transmission Works great otherwise

Re: Allison M transmission shifter detent

Are the detente on the shifter or tha transmission?

Usually the ones on the shifter are serviceable.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Re: Allison M transmission shifter detent

Hello Boatsb
    The detent must be in the shifter on the transmission.
    There are no detents or adjustments for one on the control end. I have single cable controls. Push /pull.
    I disconnected the cable at the transmission end on both trans. The shift lever on the Port trans has detents but are very soft. The port are very distinct and not soft in fwd,rev, neutral.
    It appears you could pull out the whole shifter unit and the OH manual says that is one of the first steps. I just don't have any experience with these trans since this is my first Sport/Fish Hatteras 43.
    Lots of experience with DD in the excavation/stone quarry/ paving business and am an Aircraft mechanic but only owned this boat since May.
    Just like to fix all the little stuff that has been overlooked for a while. So far all the big stuff are working very good for a 1981 boat.
    I would like to have the detents like the port, especially when it comes to docking in my very tight slip. Thank you for a reply.