Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cctv

Cctv

Anyone tried Riolink products?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Re: Cctv

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    Anyone tried Riolink products?
    I just installed a 4-camera POE system with an 8-camera DVR. the cameras are 4K with night vision. Amazing. Two in the ERs show my engines including the analog gauges. One in the salon and the other outside the port pilot house door for security. I can watch all four on my phone or iPad over the internet. Best of all, it works without internet within WiFi range of my router.

The whole system was about $420. Sometime I’ll replace the outdoor camera with one that zooms down the dock.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

I just installed a 4-camera POE system with an 8-camera DVR. the cameras are 4K with night vision. Amazing. Two in the ERs show my engines including the analog gauges. One in the salon and the other outside the port pilot house door for security. I can watch all four on my phone or iPad over the internet. Best of all, it works without internet within WiFi range of my router. The whole system was about $420. Sometime I’ll replace the outdoor camera with one that zooms down the dock.
    What brand did you install?
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

And, what are you using to gain access to your router--a cellular connection?

Reolink.

https://m.store.reolink.com/poe-ip-c...SABEgKzhvD_BwE

The NVR connects to the router with an Ethernet cable and the cameras connect to the NVR by Ethernet for power and data. The router then transmits the data to my iPad and cell phone without internet. With internet, I can access the data anywhere.

I bought a kit on their eBay store with the NVR, four cameras and all the cables.

David - did you get an air card or a SIM card? Also, what sort of cellular plan are you on for the cellular connection to the router? Thinking of finally ditching my wifi based cctv system and going back to a cellular connection with an NVR.

This system doesn’t use cell service at all unless you are away from the boat without WiFi. The router sends the data directly to the Riolink app on my iPad and iPhone while im aboard.

I tried using the app on my cell phone to access the video from my car and the 4K video from the cameras used too much bandwidth so I had to downgrade the signal to 1080P. Amazing technology and I haven’t even accessed all the features yet, such as email or text alerts when a camera senses motion.

This system doesn’t use cell service at all unless you are away from the boat without WiFi. The router sends the data directly to the Riolink app on my iPad and iPhone while im aboard.

I tried using the app on my cell phone to access the video from my car and the 4K video from the cameras used too much bandwidth so I had to downgrade the signal to 1080P. Amazing technology and I haven’t even accessed all the features yet, such as email or text alerts when a camera senses motion.
    David - thanks for posting this a few weeks back. I bought the same Reolink kit on ebay that you referenced and got it installed week before last. For the first time I can see live feed of engine and generator rooms from the FB (or anywhere else) while underway, as well as the PH when we are away from the boat. I went ahead and put a dedicated router in place for the security cameras. Just ordered two more cameras, one for the aft bilge area, and one to face the foredeck / dock area (we're bow-in these days and I already have a back-up camera). Love the PoE (Power over Ethernet), this was (finally) a true plug-and-play install.
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Quote Originally Posted by nautibake View Post
    David - thanks for posting this a few weeks back. I bought the same Reolink kit on ebay that you referenced and got it installed week before last. For the first time I can see live feed of engine and generator rooms from the FB (or anywhere else) while underway, as well as the PH when we are away from the boat. I went ahead and put a dedicated router in place for the security cameras. Just ordered two more cameras, one for the aft bilge area, and one to face the foredeck / dock area (we're bow-in these days and I already have a back-up camera). Love the PoE (Power over Ethernet), this was (finally) a true plug-and-play install.
    Have you figured out what Ethernet connectors and crimping tool to buy to shorten the cables and add the waterproof fittings to the cameras?