Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

32v wall mount fan

It seems that one of the two fans in our master stateroom has given up the ghost and to make matters worse: it is on HER side. Has anyone ever had to replace these? It’s about 6” across and has a tilt and swivel mount that allows aiming anywhere in the room and has three speeds.

If 32v is unavailable would a 24v unit suffice?

Re: 32v wall mount fan

FWIW the existing fans appear to be 24v models that are readily available online and that is what I replaced it with.

Could it be that it fried because it's a 24V fan eating 32 volt?
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Probably, but it appears to have taken more than 10 years. Anyhow, the others onboard are still working and we run them 24/7.

If you've got room on or around the fan might try one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-CART-D...53.m2749.l2649

DC converter that steps down from 24-48 volts to 12 volts. There's also a unit that steps down to 24 volts. I used them on my 12 volt toilets on the Hatt and they work great. Rated at 20 amps and don't generate any heat whatsoever! About the size of a pack and a half of cigarettes.

Also used a different model on my Chris which is a 12 volt system to regulate incoming voltage to my electronics to avoid power spikes (literally fried a Garmin prior to installing these units).

Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop