Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Bern

Re: New Bern

We have a place on the ICW just south of Wrightsville Beach, the eye went over our place and we are told that the damage has been minimal. No water in the lower level and some shingles missing but nothing like we were expecting. Scott do you know what marina your dad’s boat is in? I might get info on it as I have friends calling in and giving me reports.

I can report that the 70 Hatteras in the YouTube video is floating and intact. Took a little bit of bruising as it jumped up and over 2 pilings and into the next to slip over. She will have some bumps and bruises, will need a new swim platform, but is still floating And did not take on water. At the same dock. There were quite a few vessels lost including a brand new Nordic tug!. I'm not sure why people didn't haul every vessel out, I know there was limited space nearby but we had plenty of warning for this storm. Fortunately there is been no loss of life in Newbern and vessels can be replaced and rebuilt.
    Capt' Hoop (Master 100 Ton/towing)
    1978- 58 MY “Amare La Vita”
    2001- 60C “Noah's Ark”
    1986 Scarab II “Summer Hummer”
    1979 Sleekcraft Aristocrat (jet) “She’s a squirter”

Here's what the New Bern waterfront looked like from my hotel room on July 20th 2018.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

He just moved to a new one in Carolina beach. I believe it's a Joyner now. It's a little 31 tiarra express with a bridge.

I appreciate any information we can get.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

i saw on facebook that the hatters facility did good

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    He just moved to a new one in Carolina beach. I believe it's a Joyner now. It's a little 31 tiarra express with a bridge.

I appreciate any information we can get.
    Atlantic marine in Wrightsville says the LEOs are telling them the dry stack and the marina buildings and boats are in good shape but the docks are a mess. I am pretty sure Joyner is right at the entrance to snow’s cut. I have not heard anything about that area. BTW I used to have a 31 Tiara and it was one of my favorites. Don’t know if Joyner’s has a facebook page but you could try that. My place which very close to Carolina Beach already has it’s power back on. Don’t know if that is an anomaly or not.

Thanks.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Love mine.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

It's an 80's boat and I found it with 4lh yanmars almost installed 10 or so years

He didnt want the bridge but it was already there.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Solid boats. Mine is a 1988 express. 6bta power. No where near the room of the 43 but a whole lot faster.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"