Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hatteras 36 1983

Hello. I am new to this forum and looking to sell my 36ft Hatteras sportsfisher. Great boat but don’t have use for it anymore and don’t have time to use it. Let me know if you have any questions. Doesn’t allow me to post link to pictures yet but I can email them to you if interested. Thanks

Re: Hatteras 36 1983

Where are you located, more info will generate interest. Is she listed or is this a for sale by owner?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I am the owner. It is located in ocean city New Jersey

FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Don't be discouraged by THT responses. A lot of boat for the money. Clean it up real good and make sure everything possible works. Somewhere this is somebody's opportunity to step up to a Diesel Hatteras. May only go in the 20's but I bet you find someone who will love it.

Thanks for the help. Seems like a lot of tough love over there. The boat is a great boat and has been in the family for 35 years. It had done all we could ask for but it’s time to part with it. We rebuilt the engines and spent a decent amount of money and it’s runs great. The boat is not fast by any means but light load wot you can get up to 27 mph but cruise is anywhere from 16-20 mph depending on load. It has the 671ti turbo Detroit diesels with about 330hp. Solid hull and beats up rough seas. Furuno radar 11in and 7 in depth Fish finder. Air condition works great but does need some updating. Contact me for more info.

The THT crowd are boaters that want an outboard motor because the average boater their is doing good to change a spark plug. They post pictures of their gps showing 60 mph and claim it will do that in 5-6’ waves then show the video of a 2’ ground swell. Apparently they think is great fun to ride out to the fishing grounds on a bean bag like a cocker spaniel. Don’t lose any sleep over it.

Frankly it looks a good deal. A sturdy boat with good room inside and reliable mechanical diesels. Nice.

Apparently a mod closed the THT thread on this boat I would guess from the major D-Bag responses.
    OP please don't be discouraged by low life's that say all that crap. You have a real nice boat to sell at a very realistic price.

At this point ashamed to be a member on THT. But there are more decent people than not, you just somehow attracted a few of the low life "I am smart, why aren't you?, I know a lot, why don't you?, I might buy the boat, but wont say so, and we are awesome but your not!" crowd. Most are truly not like this.

Sad!

I just wanted some honest feedback that’s all. I get a bunch of rude people commenting on the thread acting like I’m the one that’s wrong. I honestly enjoy the site but seems like a lot of people are hard headed. Thanks for the help so far I appreciate it.