Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Water Filter

Re: Water Filter

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    You might want to update your profile. I looked at yours and it shows you’re not a Hatteras owner so I cannot tell what year you have. However Sky is correct most came with filters in both locations. Aqua Pure AP217 Is the filter replacement.
    Rusty, my operators manual shows a filter below the galley sink but I don't see it in the cabinets. Is it in the generator room perhaps? Thanks
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

No it should be under the galley sink and under the bar sink. If you need the filter number they are Aqua Pure AP217.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

No it should be under the galley sink and under the bar sink. If you need the filter number they are Aqua Pure AP217.
    No sign of one under the sink. PO must have removed it. Water pressure at the galley sink and forward shower are lower than the rest of the boat and I'm trying to figure out why. Airator filters are clean. It's not a big deal when on dock water but during the winter when we're on tank water it is a little annoying but not worth fretting over.
    John Novotny
    Baltimore, MD

No sign of one under the sink. PO must have removed it. Water pressure at the galley sink and forward shower are lower than the rest of the boat and I'm trying to figure out why. Airator filters are clean. It's not a big deal when on dock water but during the winter when we're on tank water it is a little annoying but not worth fretting over.
    John Novotny
    Baltimore, MD

Have you tried to adjust the pressure at the tank?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Have you tried to adjust the pressure at the tank?
    According to Raz, it is set right for the pump. Pressure is decent in the two aft heads. I'm going to check the gen room to see if perhaps the PO moved the filter there. As I said, it is a little annoying but not the end of the world.
    John Novotny
    Baltimore, MD

I would try to follow the piping from the sink to see if the filter is in another cabinet or in the gen room. But, mine is under the sink, as others have stated.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Just a hunch if there is an air return nearby check it for a water filter.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

I installed a reverse osmosis system in my old Chris Craft. I put it under the galley sink. Got it at Home Deport. Easy to install and made the water outstanding.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California