Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Don't try to steal a yacht

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...492385341.html

This boat was located in the exact spot I vacated last October. I'm trying to contact my old dock mates to hear the entire story. I'm assuming some jack ass tried to steal the catamaran while the owner was on board and in turn received a chest full of lead. Justice served cold.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Re: Don't try to steal a yacht

Score one for the good guys, but God only knows how this will play out given it happened in California. No offense.

Had this happened around here, the only thing the owner would have been yelling for is a mop.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Score one for the good guys, but God only knows how this will play out given it happened in California. No offense.

Had this happened around here, the only thing the owner would have been yelling for is a mop.
    Great story. Love the ending. Not an issue unless it’s a white cop and a black thief. Then Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson come out in support of the thieves.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Ron you mean that boat was in that end tie you had at Pier 32 where we took your boat out from. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Thats the spot. Details are still kinda sketchy as to what went on but I'm glad I wasn't there. The boat has been for sale for awhile and i guess the dead thief didn't realize anybody was living on the boat.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Sad thing for the owner's parents to have to deal with after losing their son. We were on our boat not too far from where the son died last year and heard the sirens.

We have our 36' sedan slipped at the Marriott and about 6 moths ago at roughly 2am someone untied one of the large 100'+ yachts on the end tie and could not get it started. The guy jumped overboard when the resident dock tender saw it going down and started yelling. luckily the boat was saved from hitting the rocks and retied. Guy was never caught, but sounds like the same M.O., however this time the guy's luck ran out.

No idea the motive behind stealing a large yacht. Nowhere to hide without taking on tons of provisions an a crew…. Even then, very likely to be found.

7. Re: Don't try to steal a yacht

A similar story happened in Seattle a couple weeks ago.

https://wjla.com/news/offbeat/thief-...ng-other-boats

Drugs, either on them or dealing them. Can’t just be stupidity.............right?

I see a business opportunity for locking cleats here.... With cut resistant lines....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

A speeding police car travels at 50, maybe 60 mph, a bullet 15 miles a minute. Who you gunna call?
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY