Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Cruisair SMX II Thermistor test

Unfortunately this is the only one that is "newer". All the others are the old school type. I DONT have the telephone style connectors on mine. It uses a 3 pin for the thermistor and 4 pin for the SMX2 panel. Flight Systems now says the EPROM and processor need replacing. I sent them a photograph and they can indeed fix this one. This was my gut feeling all alone

Sounds like you making progress. Let us know how Flight Systems does for you.

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Cool Re: Cruisair SMX II Thermistor test

Quote Originally Posted by adammilne View Post
    Thanks if it's corrosion i would check it.
    Again its not corrosion. I have cleaned where it plugs on the board with electronic cleaner even though there was no visible corrosion (earlier in the thread) just to the chagrin of those who thought my eyes were bad. I have also cleaned the thermistor end itself in the return air plenum. OHMs are checking out as well. Going to send board to Flight Systems after next weekend and hopefully problem will be solved. If not the only thing left would be the wire between the SMX2 and control board. It appears to be ok and will be a booger to re-pull

Nice work on the part of a spammer to make you think through all that.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Nice work on the part of a spammer to make you think through all that.
    Maybe the moderators will cut his nuts off before I do

Him and the guy that invented robo-calls.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Update to this post. It finally cooled off enough that I could stand to be without a/c and I was gone from the boat long enough for the rebuild to take place. Sent the board to Flight Systems to rebuild. I installed it tonight and it appears both heating and cooling are working. The heat is cycling off and on. Hopefully this is fixed. Also noted a tag on the rebuild board showing the date it was done with information stating there was a 1 year warranty on their work.