Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

System Monitor panel is inoperative

When I shut my engines down last week, the System Monitor worked normally: the red lights and buzzer came on when I shut off each engine. Today when I moved the boat to the pump out it did not function: no low oil pressure lights and no horn. I opened the back of the box and checked for voltage through all of the fuses with the keys on and found none. Any suggestions?

Re: System Monitor panel is inoperative

If its similar to our boat, there should be a Systems Monitor fuse in one of the big Battery selector boxes. This may have blown or got corrosion.

Or take the panel off the Systems monitor box, there are a few fuses down the bottom.... check these.

If all else fails google Hatteras Systems Monitor and call Les in Florida. Nice and helpful guy.

Just had my 12 point monitor repaired by Les. Could not be happier with the results. He is extremely knowledgeable with regard to all aspects of Hatteras electrical systems. Very alarm works exactly as designed. I called him on a Wednesday and he was on my boat the next day.

Call Les- he repaired ours and did a great job. Also did an upgrade.
    "Remember"
    1988 67' cpmy
    Hull #301 (hull #1)

"Remember"
    1979 58' Y/F
    Hull #464
    https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ine=1557868341

Please provide Les’s contact info. Thank you!

Check the fuse first before you call for service. It may just be the fuse.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

+++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Les Henderson 954 663 5732 . Les rebuilt our board about 17 years ago . It worked fine until 2 months ago. Les came by and did a small repair and it’s going again.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

2002-03 63’ RPH. Does anyone have knowledge of re-programming and lithium battery replacement for the PLC? I was told it needs to be sent to the engineer who developed the system. There are about 30 wires going into the PLC.

Same problem some time back, had to replace the fuse.