Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bucket List

Bucket List

Five years I my company sold the paint to coat the new San Francisco Bay Bridge. I received an invitation to go to the top of the new tower about a month before the bridge was opened. What an experience to say the least. From the point on I added the Golden Gate Bridge to my bucket list. This last Thursday I got the chance to go to the top of the North tower. It was a cold and windy day with fog rolling in. I’ll attach some of the photos I took. What a day. This coming Tuesday I will be checking off yet another box by crewing on the 63’ Hatteras “Wet Ever”. We will be going 24/7 from Los Angeles to her new home in Stockton California. Ron has calculated the trip to take 44 hours. Weather and seas look favorable. We will add photos as we can. Wish us well.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Re: Bucket List

Number 2
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Why did you keep this from us this long. That looks really cool. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I’ll share all the photos when I see you tomorrow.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Amazing seldom seen views! Thanks for sharing and have a safe voyage! Looking forward to more pic's of both....should be a great adventure for all! Enjoy!

The Mackinaw Bridge(similar suspension bridge) just took 18 years to do a complete repaint at a cost of $100 Million. That is the same as the original cost to build it in 1959.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Wow..... Impressive.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    The Mackinaw Bridge(similar suspension bridge) just took 18 years to do a complete repaint at a cost of $100 Million. That is the same as the original cost to build it in 1959.
    Somebody got a sweet contract for that one. 18 years to complete. Was it a guy and his wife as the crew?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Somebody got a sweet contract for that one. 18 years to complete. Was it a guy and his wife as the crew?
    Its a big bridge and a short season.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Great pictures but I must admit that I felt my legs tighten up just looking at pictures.... I could never
    actually go up there.

Walt