Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabo Scuppers

Cabo Scuppers

Took my Cabo 40 out for a shake down trip and noticed that a large volume of water was coming in through the aft scruppers.

Any ideas on how to limit the opening of the scuppers and reduce water intake flowing to the deck?

Thanks.

Re: Cabo Scuppers

Water came in while you were running, troll speed, what's it like at the dock?
    Maybe a weight issue????
    Former dock mate had issues with a bigger Cabo, his boat was over 5,000lbs heavier than what it was supposed to be, Cabo ended up taking it back as it was brand new, of course it was a 2year process to get to that point..
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Sorry for not going into more detail. The water is only coming in when fishing in open water. Only when boat is in neutral (not moving), IE fishing a paddy. I normally would not be too concerned. However, the amount of water is pretty tremendous. Yes, my boat is heavy, it is equipped with an ALL STAINLESS CFAB Flybridge and tuna tower. When loaded with fuel the swim step is right at the water line. Maybe burn some fuel and lighten the load?

Thanks for any suggestions.

It may be overloaded. Ask how high the platform should be from the waterline. If you added a ton that will cause issues.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

On 40-32 one of the the scupper doors did not move freely and therefore did not block water coming through the scuppers. Removed both scupper doors, cleaned with acetone (look like new) cleaned up the edges with a fine tooth file. They now move freely and block virtually all water through the transom.
    Cabo 40-32