Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LED light

LED light

Hi just wondering if anyone had suggestions were to get 24v DC led bulbs the ones
    I purchased online didnt last long any info would be greatly appricated

Re: LED light

I know everyone likes to knock the Chinese products, but with LEDs I've had very good luck and the prices are less than 1/4 of USA retail. Go to www.dhgate.com (similar to ali baba, but for small quantities). If you search on 30v LED you will get a ton of 9-30vdc and 10-30vdc rated items. They are much more reliable than the 24v ones - they tend to blow if your batteries are at full charge.

Be prepared to wait 3 weeks for delivery. Feel free to PM me for more details, as I've just done a major conversion using Chetco's dimmer module.

Just bought a bunch from 12V Monster. They sell bulbs that operate in what they call a "wide range" rated to operate anywhere between 24 to 85 VDC.

Bought the biggest honkers I could to put down in my generator room. Just have to check dimensions on each bulb to make sure they'll fit in the fixture. If it's a standard incandescent it should have an E26 base.
    Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop

4. Re: LED light

I have had good luck with https://www.bulbtown.com

5. Re: LED light

Quote Originally Posted by R D Young View Post
    I know everyone likes to knock the Chinese products, but with LEDs I've had very good luck and the prices are less than 1/4 of USA retail.
    Truth is almost all come from china, you just need the high quality ones.
    Last edited by MVCaprice; 08-28-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Just an alert about the new tariffs: I had some leds sent from Canada and 25% tax was added to the bill. It was labeled as being of Chinese origin, sent from Alberta.

I have a 67' EDMY with a 24 volt system. Bulbs on the deck courtesy lights didn't last at all. My dock mate had a 12v system and had purchased LED bulbs with good experience. Bought some from his source and installed them in August 2016 and all still burning!. Marinebeam LED Lighting. 843-885-8644. Nathan Gibson helped me at the time. Other multi-color cockpit and overhead lighting also. Very pleased.
    Asa

x2 on marinebeam. best to call them too. I have ordered 3x for my 32v, but somehow ordered the 30v the second time that did not last. call , leave a vm, and they call back in 10 minutes from charleston. very knowledgeable.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750