Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Kohler Generator Genset 20ROP63 - Need Transforrmer 265314

Overseas in a Hatteras 1981 61MY, I have an old Kohler (with Perkins diesel) generator genset model 20ROP63 that I'm trying to get another year out of. I just blew the output transformer P/N 265314 . Anyone have a carcass or a source for parts for this set? I have a fellow board member trying to pull one part out of his genset that's being replaced, and have some calls in to suppliers, but looking for plan b and extra spares.Happy to pay for you to pull the part plus anything else you have for the 20ROP63 generator and send me a box of spares. I'm welded to the pier until I get my hands on that transformer. Thanks!
    Last edited by sanddollar2017; 08-20-2018 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Add boat model

Re: Kohler Generator Genset 20ROP63 - Need Transforrmer 265314

Did you ever find this part? What are the symptoms of it going bad? We have the same generator and it just stopped outputting the full 240v while on a long cruise.
    tks

Hi. Sorry for late reply. Yes I got the part from another member but it smoked again. The symptom is that it the transformer smoked and then the voltage drops as I load the genset. 220 at no load, 200 with refeodgwrator, 180 with one A/C.I think it's time to bite the bullet and replace the genset...

How is the frequency when the voltage is dropping like that?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by boozubay View Post
    Did you ever find this part? What are the symptoms of it going bad? We have the same generator and it just stopped outputting the full 240v while on a long cruise.
    tks
    Check the variable resistors , (near the brushes), one of mine broke the wire at the resistor and the voltage fell to 160V. Resistor is cheap. You will need to set the voltage when you replace it.