Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Re: CG advisor re LED interference

Thanks for the link

I like the 48LRC in the bulletin photo
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I have have seen no problem with VHF or AIS, but have seen that my TV reception gets affected on some channels when LED interior lights are on. Nav lights are still good old incandescent, only anchor light is LED. Antenna for TV is Shakespeare unit for local channels only.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

A few years ago we noticed our VHF reception sucked, also was having KVH issues away from the dock, sort of intermittent. checked the radios, checked the antennas, etc. Brought the electronics guy in, couldn't find anything wrong. Went on a trip and brought another electronics guy in, ended up with 2 new antennas and upgraded KVH software. Still had trouble. Installed filter devices for the vhf and KVH power wires, still messed up. Replaced KVH with new KVH, no better. Finally turned everything off on the boat, ac and dc, started turning things on one at a time and bingo the cheap little led light was screwing up the entire boat. No LED's for us unless they're from a reputable outfit and certified.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Good to know. Thank you.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California