Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Companionway paint color and type

And now, for something completely different.
    The companionway on my '83 ED MY is looking shabby and I'd like to paint it (this includes the engine room doors and access panals). Currently, the color is a very light blue/green.
    Does anybody know the original color of the companionway (engine room doors...)?
    Any recommendations on paint type and prep since some of this stuff gets a little warm at times. Thanks.
    Jon
    Last edited by JonHupp; 08-19-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Re: Companionway paint color and type

Most I've seen is the tan or off white.

If memory serves me it was the early 80's boats that had a light mint green paInt in the companion ways.

It's an alkyd base too probably.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

My companion way is white wall paper with with painted trim. It looks to be original. But a have been wondering if the wallpaper was original and that trim was stained at one time.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

The color is Rustoleum Canvas White. Its an exact match of the 80' paint that Hatteras used inside cabinets, under mattresses, and in the engine rooms.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

my 1973 58 yf was off white wall paper, since she was repowered the engine access panels between the doors we useless so i removed and filled them then covered the walls with satin formica. very easy cleanup from hand prints and scuff marks from engine room work and tough enough to handle luggage bags dragging against them