Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 8v92ta - turbo oil / airsep

Seaboard Marine make a very good crankcase ventilation device called an Envirovent. You should ask them if they make them for DDs. I have a set on my Cummins diesels and I have been very happy with them.

If you want K&N filters mine were RD 1460. But just call them and give them your cubic inches and horsepower and they will tell you what you need, they are very easy to work with and very knowledgeable. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Seaboard Marine make a very good crankcase ventilation device called an Envirovent. You should ask them if they make them for DDs. I have a set on my Cummins diesels and I have been very happy with them.
    Why bother asking someone to make something special that is as of yet untested in this particular application when there are setups out there now off the shelf that work perfectly fine?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

4. Re: 8v92ta - turbo oil / airsep

Why not?

Second the Racor CCV, easy owner installation. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Because I think they work better, they cost less than CCVs, and because everything I've ever bought from Seaboard Marine has worked perfectly from day one. I think the Envirovent is a better product than the CCV. Also better than the Airsep.

Also, I was not suggesting that Seaboard make them up specially for the DDs. I do not think they do special orders of that kind. They make them for a variety of engines and it's possible they make a kit for DDs as a retrofit. Based on my experience with them and other products for the same use, these are a lot better than the other products I've owned.

I have the orig filters on my 8v71Ti's and was thinking of upgrading to the walker air sep or K&N but never heard of the envirovent. The walker is a bit pricey for what they are so that went to my later list.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Because I think they work better, they cost less than CCVs, and because everything I've ever bought from Seaboard Marine has worked perfectly from day one. I think the Envirovent is a better product than the CCV. Also better than the Airsep.

Also, I was not suggesting that Seaboard make them up specially for the DDs. I do not think they do special orders of that kind. They make them for a variety of engines and it's possible they make a kit for DDs as a retrofit. Based on my experience with them and other products for the same use, these are a lot better than the other products I've owned.
    What make you think they are better than the CCV?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I have not used CCVs on my Cummins engines- I fitted these from the beginning. The CCVs I had on my Cat engines did not work very well. They were a replacement for AirSeps, which didn't work very well either. By not working well, what I mean is oil mist through the engine room and going into the turbos. I have none of those problems now.

I'm recommending that he inquire about a product that I've had a good experience with, from a vendor that I have had many good experiences with.

OK, I called them and they do not make them for DDs, so, my mistake.