Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

AC install problem

Hi had guy convert SMX 1 to SMX 2 and developed problem with eyes not able to finish
    for a week or so so I am finishing the wiring and have no 230V to the unit in the genny
    room (sorry 1989 65 MY) there is 230V coming out at circuit breaker any help would be
    greatly appreciated hope I am not leaving anything out thanks

Re: AC install problem

Forgot to add I did have 230V this morning when I started and turned off breaker
    only had to wire the fan pump and power to the unit thanks again for any help

Did you turn the breaker back on ?

Yes I did have 230V both sides of breaker

With some controls, power goes to the control box which may not be installed near th condensor. The control box sends power to the compressor when needed and you will also have wires for the high and low pressure switches.

That s how the electronic controls were set up on my old system... find the box, openit and see if you have power on the board
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thanks pascal that is were I lost the power much appreciated there is a dial like the
    old cruisair control control anyone know what that is for thanks again

Seems to be more than just 2 wires for the fan.

I'd check the whole system wiring before trying it. If a loose connection or one not put on its final position gets screwed up it could be dangerous.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.