Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emerald Lady

Emerald Lady

I seem to remember during a discussion that someone had looked at a 58 LRC named Emerald Lady in in Ft. Lauderdale. However, I have done ever search I can think of and cannot locate the thread so if you see this please PM me.

This is the Yachtworld link to refresh your memory:

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/197...s#.W2iOZNJKjIU

Thanks.
    Byron
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Re: Emerald Lady

I am only at all familiar with one of the 58 LRCs, a local boat (MD) which was sold several times by one of our members who is a broker in MD and FL.

This boat that you referenced has some interesting upgrades, like the one to 24 volts DC. These are very complex and large boats with a lot of systems in them- they make a 53MY look simple to take care of. The on up here sold for 450,000 or more, IIRC, but she had had a LOT of very good maintenance by well-off owners who could afford to do it. Interestingly, even though the owners liked her a lot each time, it seemed to me that she changed hands rather often.

I have the impression (this is only an impression and not from any first-hand knowledge) that 58 LRCs take a lot of care and feeding that that owners may get tired of doing it. It seems like the owners of 42 and 48 LRCs keep them longer. Maybe they are less time-consuming to maintain?

You'd have to like dark green to own this boat. The cost of changing it to Hatteras off-white would be breathtaking. I think you'd need a 55 gal drum of AwlGrip to do it...

Re: Emerald Lady

If you are referring to “Emerald Princess”, she is in Baltimore berthed next to me. She is a green 58’ LRC which was purchased in Florida and brought to the Chesapeake by the current owner. The current owner has since relocated to Colorado and is interested in selling the Hatteras. If you are interested in talking to the owner, feel free to PM me your contact info and I can pass it on to him.