Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: 53 MY, 53 ED and 56 wide body: Comparisons of Salon width dimensions (port/stbd)

61 cmy does it for me. Usable cockpit, large covered aft deck for spilling beer on. Nice sized salon with separate helm area, even with walk round side decks. Hargraves designed a nice boat. After originally wanting a twin cabin 53 cmy. Seeing the extra space on the wide beam boats hooked me. Downside seems to be more roll than narrow beam boats as no stabilisers on mine. Extra room in engine rooms is a plus. I am told a slip can be a little harder to find. As others have said it is always a compromise and only you will know what your needs are. I got on as many boats as I could to compare layouts etc.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

Re: 53 MY, 53 ED and 56 wide body: Comparisons of Salon width dimensions (port/stbd)

Quote Originally Posted by melzer51 View Post
    Would you care to share some of those photos of the aft deck enclosure you did on your 53MY?

Thanks,

Mel
    Real nice looking job on that 53MY Aft enclosure. Looks designed and built as if it were intended to be there when new from Hatteras. Best looking hard enclosure I have seen on a 53MY. A couple questions I just got to ask:

1) Did you use Azek for the wainscoting and chair rail moldings?
    2) The vented clear center panel over the transom door, what is the material?
    3) Material of the other flanking clear panels?
    4) What material are the radius corner windows?
    5) Was Azek used to cap the (4) vertical window mullions?

Again.....beautiful job, thanks for sharing,

Mel

Wainscoating is vinyl panels from Home Depot, center panel opens out and up on gas struts, aft flat panels are 1/4 inch plexiglass, corners are .060 Markalon which bends to shape. Frames are wood coated with 2 part LP paint.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.