Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Maretron FFM100 and 12v92TA Fuel Flow Rate

Anyone have experience installing Maretron's FFM100s in place of the FlowScan systems?
    My mechanic is already mid-stream removal of pulling the old school flowscan systems (from my 1989 65' SF). In place, I want to drop in the FFM100s using the M4AR sensors.

I've looked all over my manuals (service mainly) to check supply/return fuel flow rates, but can't find anything.

Saw some tables for 6v92 and 8v92 in them, but nothing for 12v92, nothing on fuel flow rates either.

If someone could share their experience using Maretron, or suggest another, that'd be great. About ready to pull the trigger.

Re: Maretron FFM100 and 12v92TA Fuel Flow Rate

Yes - I have the Maretron FFM’s and they are reliable and precise. Love having the real time data on all the N2K gear. Mine are on 8V71TI’s. Maretron support is great, you can get a person on the phone 9 times out of 10. Good luck and let me know if
    You have any questions...
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I believe you need to choose the correct sensors for each engine. The ffm100 hooks up to a pair of sensors . One feed and 1 return
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I believe you need to choose the correct sensors for each engine. The ffm100 hooks up to a pair of sensors . One feed and 1 return
    Yes, 1 FFM100 and 2 flow sensors x2 (one for each engine). Then it can be configured on a PC or MAC with Maretron N2KAnalyzer (free software but you will need USB100 to interface to N2K network), or you can use Maretron displays (DSM or TSM) to configure but it is much easier on a PC. Here are some pics of my set up.
    Attached Images
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Thanks for all the feedback! It seems my question didn't come across cleanly.

On your applications, which fuel sensors did you use with the FFM100s? M2AR, M3AR, M4, M6, M8, etc?

I think M4s are what I need, but want to double confirm with y'all.

you need to get the max fuel flow of the engines to determine which one you need. What others used is not a guarantee that it will work and more often a guarantee that it wont fully perform if you haave larger engines with more fuel flow.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Hey Jerry,What engines are you running your setup on?My supposed max fuel burn is around 120gph. The M2RSPs max out at 132. So I'm going to cross my fingers and assume total supply is not much greater and just give up the high end accuracy.

Or get the m4ar.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by edhsu82 View Post
    Hey Jerry,What engines are you running your setup on?My supposed max fuel burn is around 120gph. The M2RSPs max out at 132. So I'm going to cross my fingers and assume total supply is not much greater and just give up the high end accuracy.
    We have 8V71TI’s. It’s very rare for us to run at WOT, but when we do I really want to know how much fuel I’m burning. For example coming back from Key West to Marco Island last year, and we increased our speed for several hours to lessen the time we were in a couple of thunderstorms. At normal cruise I had 3 times the amount of fuel needed with reserves for the trip, but at the much higher power setting, a lot less. Just a thought...
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Remember it is not the fuel burn that dictates the flow capacity range of the sensors required etc. But the maximum flow of the fuel pump installed on the motor at Maximum rpm. Two stroke Detroit’s return a lot of fuel back to the tank.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.