Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Saving a Hatteras from a very bleak future

BFDfirefighter, we'd all like to see you get a boat you can actually use, just so you understand. And the suggestion to look at Quentin's thread on the Roamer and all he's gone through was a very apt one. And that boat did not have a cracked hull and hadn't sunk. I'm eager to hear about the 61 and see what you think of it.

I’ve use Stafford. Score and he was great . Would certainly recommend .....Pat

I have looked at the Chris Craft Refit Thread and after all of everyone's feedback and advice I have decided to look for another 61 MY or the 1980 64 that was stretched to 72. All the advice is why I came to ask everyone on here because I know of the wealth of knowledge here. As sad as it is that 72 will probably end up as scrap but it will be what it will be unfortunately. I'm not looking to sink my family financially over an unrealistic dream. I will just continue to try to sell my 44 TC and find a way to come up with enough to buy a better boat to start with. Thanks again to everyone on here I really appreciate it.

4. Re: Saving a Hatteras from a very bleak future

Smart choice. 500k plus to bring that boat back to life on the low end IMHO. Admittedly, I'd love to see some C-18s dropped into one though!

Did the owner not have insurance or did they buy the boat for pennies and are are trying to sell it for a profit?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

This thread should be renamed Saving a Hatteras Owner From a Very Bleak Future.

The boat was a project that the owner and a partner went in on years ago to attempt to refit it and flip it but the owner lives in Michigan and the boat is in St. Augustine. Something happened where the partner backed out and then the owner was stuck with an unfinished boat to attempt to sell. Then Irma came along last fall and she broke free from the dock and took on some water. He is insurance but I believe it is only a liability policy.

A very good decision on your part and we look forward to seeing you out on the water. You might list your 44 Hatteras on this site, we don't charge and people come here looking for boats for sale, if you haven't already done so.

I have it posted on here but it was months ago when I posted it. I have it listed on Yachtworld as well through a broker. I've had a some viewings but no offers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    There's a 1980 64' stretched to 72' that was a live aboard in Ft Lauderdale, asking $199,000, offer $140,00 and go boating tomorrow. I'm sure there's a lifetime full of upgrades/repairs/modifications that could/need to be done, makes much more sense to make this old girl new than where the starting point is on the sinker with a cracked hull.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...g#.W2IhZsInbcs
    Ditto!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY