Hello everyone!

I am looking to save and resurrect this poor neglected Hatteras. She's a 1985 Hatteras 61 MY with an 11ft cockpit extension added after it was delivered to Ft. Lauderdale after being built. She appears to have solid bones but would need to be practically gutted and restored. When I say gutted I mean all new wiring, plumbing, and mostly new layout construction. I know many will probably say shes too far gone but I am looking to restore her because I hate to see such a beautiful designed Hatteras go to rot. I have a lot to learn fiberglass wise but have a reasonable skill level to be able to tackle the majority of what will be needed. I have a huge passion for the Hatteras brand and family on this forum. I plan on building her to use for my growing family and not for resale purposes. After Irma hit Florida she took on water up to the starter on the stbd engine as she listed over and took on enough water to get into the port engine. The water got in through a portlight that the owner had removed. Both generators are no good i assume and the main Detroit 12v71Ti's were new remans. One engine runs and the other is pickled with diesel and is locked. She has some dock rash but the worse part is that there are several spots of the gunnel that is broken fiberglass. I realize that it will take probably a minimum of $150k to get it where I feel it is mostly complete. The biggest problem I have is there are not many DIY yards anymore and I am located in Myrtle Beach, SC and the boat is in FL, so getting the boat up here will not be an easy task. From the attached picture what kind of damage could I be looking at from it sitting in the mud for a while till the tide was high enough to get it out? The owner told me that it has a crack in the hull near the stbd strut and he made a repair and the boat is now floating at anchor. My fear is that the stabilizers may be damaged and the propshaft may be bent. I just really want to see this boat return to her former glory when someone loved her. I really value and appreciate any an all feedback that everyone offers on here.